For a mental health crisis, contact one of the following 24/7 services
Lifeline 13 11 14
Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
24/7 phone and online counselling for people who are feeling suicidal.
In an emergency, call 000. Call 112 if 000 does not work from your mobile.
Call 106 if you have a hearing or speech impediment.
Mental health support services
If you are feeling in need of help and support, there are people specially trained to help you, even in the toughest of times. You can call the following numbers at any time, day or night, to receive support. In addition to these contacts, we encourage you to speak with your GP to let them know how you are feeling. For support to manage your wellbeing, contact one of the following services:
- 24/7 phone support, free resources for anxiety and depression, online chat and email support. Emails responded to within 24 hours.
- 24/7 phone: 1300 22 4636
- Online chat: 3pm – midnight
- 24/7 phone support for those feeling suicidal, having a difficult time, or worried about others.
- 24/7 phone: 13 11 14
- 6pm- 12am Text: 0477 131 114
- Online chat: 7pm – midnight
- Lifeline also has a dedicated Bushfire Recovery Crisis Support line: 13 HELP (13 43 57)
- 24/7 phone, email and webchat support and resources for young people up to age 25 and parents supporting them.
- 1800 55 1800
General Practitioners (GPs)
Your GP can provide a mental health care plan for yourself or your children and can also refer you to a suitable mental health practitioner or service.