The ANU Psychology Clinic is a centre for clinical practice & research in psychology. Our aim is to provide the highest standards in psychological assessment and treatment in a professional, responsive and caring environment.
The ANU Psychology Clinic is open for intakes for adult and child clients. We have closed our wait list for cognitive assessment clients.
We have scheduled our next group programs starting in July. Please contact the clinic to find out how to join:
- Working with Emotions adult group: Wednesdays 4-6pm starting July 28th
- Emotion Detectives child group: Thursdays 3:45pm - 5:45pm starting 22nd July
The ANU Psychology Clinic is a training, treatment and research centre offering specialised psychological services to the community. The clinic provides assessment, counselling and therapy for adults and children / families who may be experiencing emotional or behavioural problems including anxiety, fears and phobias, depression, stress, and coping with health conditions (i.e., sleep, pain). Therapy is provided individually or within groups, is time limited and centred around evidence based best practices.
As we are a training facility we are not equipped to assist individuals with complex and chronic mental health difficulties.
The ANU Clinic is also currently offering group programs for:
- Working with Emotions Group: An 8 week program designed to benefit individuals struggling with intense emotions such as sadness, anger, and guilt.
- Social Success Group*: An 8 week group program designed to benefit individuals struggling with social anxiety and shyness.
- Sleep Group*: A 5 week group program designed to benefit individuals who have sleep issues (i.e., insomnia).
*No 2021 dates currently scheduled
- Emotion Detectives Group: An 8 week program for children aged 7-12 who experience emotional difficulties or distressing feelings. The structure of the group involves both child and parent participation.
For more information about the groups, please contact the clinic.
The clinic is staffed by clinical psychologists and provisional psychologists. All clinic staff are fully registered with the Psychology Board of Australia. The clinical psychologists are board-endorsed clinical supervisors who oversee the provisional psychologists clinical practice whilst they are providing services in the clinic.
Provisional psychologists have already completed at least four years of training in psychology and are now undertaking specialist training in clinical psychology. Provisional psychologists are skilled in assessment and therapy.
Privacy & Confidentiality
If you have any questions please contact the clinic.