RSP offers a comprehensive suite of undergraduate and honours courses, and a thriving postgraduate program at each of Masters, and PhD levels. Our research is broad in scope and involves a number of significant national, international and interdisciplinary collaborations.
Welcome to the Research School of Psychology
We have world-leading academics right across the different areas of psychology (e.g., clinical, cognition, developmental, health, methods and statistics, neuroscience, organisational, social, perception) and serve the community through the Psychology Clinic. Students learn from experts and tackle big ideas while relating them to real-world problems. At RSP we translate research so it is impactful in policy domains and organisations, and is applied to improve people's lives. With strong links with government, business, hospitals and health practitioners your future is very bright with an ANU Psychology degree. Come and join us — to find out more contact email@example.com
- Large centre for undergraduate and post-graduate teaching in Science and at the ANU, with a commitment to close contact with leading experts
- Comprehensive training in undergraduate and post-graduate psychology – over 20 undergraduate courses across breath of discipline (e.g., organisational, health, developmental, neuropsychology, social and clinical)
- Dedicated research laboratory facilities that include the latest equipment including EEG (electroencephalogram – detects electrical activity in your brain), eye trackers, driving simulator, and research facilities for children
- Dedicated Psychology Clinic that serves the local community
- Graduates employed in diverse areas including research institutes (criminology, family studies), management consulting (KPMG, PwC, Behavioural Insights Team), graduate entry into the public service, school counselling, market research, human resources, mental health teams, private practice, and hospitals
- Graduates have essential skills to be work-ready (rarely found in other one degree programs). Our graduates understand human motivation and behaviour (people skills), data analytics and statistics (research and data skills), and have exposure to working in teams and using various communication styles (report writing, essays, presentations, group presentations; communication skills).
- Established in 1951 (68th year in 2019)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) score of 4/5 (2018)
- QS University ranking =29th in the world (2019) (metric includes measures of teaching quality, the employability of graduates and international outlook)
- Strong links to the Canberra community, business (e.g., management consulting), hospital and counselling services, and public policy