Get support for Wellbeing

For a mental health crisis, contact one of the following 24/7 services

Lifeline 13 11 14

Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467

24/7 phone and online counselling for people who are feeling suicidal.

In an emergency, call 000. Call 112 if 000 does not work from your mobile.

Call 106 if you have a hearing or speech impediment.

Mental Health Support Services

If you are feeling in need of help and support throughout your participation in this study, there are people specially trained to help you, even in the toughest of times. You can call the following numbers at any time, day or night, to receive support. In addition to these contacts, we encourage you to speak with your GP to let them know how you are feeling.

Lifeline’s dedicated Recovery Crisis Support line – 13 HELP (13 11 14)

24/7 phone support for those feeling suicidal, having a difficult time, or worried about others.

24/7 phone: 13 11 14

6pm- 12am Text: 0477 131 114 

Online chat: 7pm – midnight

Lifeline also has a dedicated Bushfire Recovery Crisis Support line: 13 HELP (13 43 57)


Beyondblue Support Service – 1300 224 636

24/7 phone support, free resources for anxiety and depression, online chat and email support. Emails responded to within 24 hours.

24/7 phone: 1300 22 4636

Online chat: 3pm – midnight

Kids Helpline (13 to 25 years of age) – 1800 55 1800

24/7 phone, email and webchat support and resources for young people up to age 25 and parents supporting them.

1800 55 1800


MensLine Australia (for males) – 1300 789 978

24/7 support for men.

1300 789 978


Suicide Call-Back Service – 1300 659 467

If at any time you feel unsafe you can call the Suicide Call-back Service, visit the emergency room at your local hospital, or if you need immediate support dial 000 (or if this number is unavailable from your mobile, dial 112. Call 106 if you have a hearing impediment).


General Practitioners (GPs)

Your GP can provide a mental health care plan for yourself or your children and can also refer you to a suitable mental health practitioner or service.