The ANU School of Medicine and Psychology, Canberra Health Services and A Gender Agenda invite you to join us for a special (and final) Seminar for 2023, titled: “Collaborative practice to foster excellence in gender care”. This seminar is a celebration of Transgender Awareness Week, featuring the following speakers:
- Associate Professor Sarah Martin, ANU Canberra Health Services
- Dr Ky Ruprecht, Canberra Health Services
- Alistair Ott, PhD Canberra ANU, A Gender Agenda
- Dr. Vik Fraser, Executive Director, A Gender Agenda
The seminar will highlight the Gender Care Clinical Skills Program and Research, the current model of co-facilitation of teaching and participant perspectives, and the role of A Gender Agenda in working with and advocating for intersex, trans and gender diverse people, their friends, families, and allies.
Following the seminar there will be a catered picnic to celebrate the success of the SMP Weekly Seminar Series this year, and those who have supported us along the way. This will be in the outside area behind the Anthony Low Building. We hope you can join us, please register before Friday 10 November, 2023!
About the speakers:
- Associate Professor Sarah Martin: Sarah (she/her) is Director of Canberra Sexual Health Centre and Clinical Associate Professor with the School of Medicine and Psychology at the ANU. Sarah is a sexual health physician whose role covers sexual health, HIV and gender care, along with management, teaching and research. As an advocate in medicine, Sarah aims to contribute to safe and affirming health care for all members of the LGBTIQ community.
- Dr. Ky Ruprecht: Ky (he/him) is a resident medical officer with Canberra Health Services. He has an interest in LGBTQI+ healthcare and has published in the area of transgender health education.
- Mr. Alistair Ott: Alistair (they/he) is a Wiradjuri queer trans fulla living and working on Ngunnawal & Ngambri Land. They are passionate about supporting and advocating for their intersecting communities and dream of a future where their communities can live safe, affirmed, and thriving.
- Dr. Vik Fraser: Vik (they/she) is the Executive Director of A Gender Agenda. They have an extensive background in research and education and have advocated in various ways for the LGBTIQ+ community for over 20 years. Driving their advocacy is Vik’s deeply held belief in using education and knowledge sharing to bring about long lasting, positive social change.